Sunday, October 19, 2014

2014 ~ Week 42

I mentioned in an earlier post that I am learning a new editing software (Adobe Lightroom).  It's really incredible, but there is a bit of a learning curve.  The software I was previously using was free. So you can imagine that its capabilities were limited.  I also switched the file type my camera creates, so that I can use Lightroom to its fullest potential.  I'm loving what I'm seeing in Lightroom, though it's more than doubling the amount of time it takes me to do a post.

BUT!  I am extremely frustrated, because the images look completely different when I upload them to this blog.  There has always been a subtle difference from my edits on the old software and what translates online, but this is pretty extreme.  The most frustrating part?  I can't just use the old software because it won't recognize the new file type.

So, that's a lot of rambling to tell you that is why the colors seem off :(.  These first two seem more extreme than the others.





John's birthday was this week.  The boys wanted to make him a Spiderman cake.  We did the best we could.  Cake decorator I am not.





The Bean grabbed a coloring book (a gift from our local Publix grocery store cashier) as he got out of the car after church.  He sat down on the front steps and told me he was going to color for a little bit.





I call him my sunshine.  Before he was three, he would bounce through the house, full of smiles and laughter.  A ray of sunshine dressed in little boys' clothing.  He is still that way, with a lot of intermittent tantrums, and demands to do things himself.


Last night, as I was putting him to bed, he asked me if he was still my sunshine.  He asked me to sing the sunshine song (You Are My Sunshine).  He was quiet for a long time after I finished.  Then he said, "Mama, you don't have to cry.  I won't ever take your sunshine away."






No comments:

Post a Comment