Sunday, February 1, 2015

2015 ~ Week 4

The Biscuit's birthday fell within this week.  He turned six.  I posted the below picture on social media with the hashtag "Six never looked so good".



It is one of my favorite pictures of him.  He has done so much growing up over the past six months, both emotionally and physically.   He has had a rough go of it since starting Kindergarten, and I am so proud of him.  His enthusiasm for life is unbridled, and very much still uninhabited.  His excitement is contagious when something good is happening.  I don't know how much longer I will have him like that.  I know that the time is limited, and at some point, as it does with us all, age will make him more guarded with his emotions.  For today, I am thankful for the pure joy he shares with everyone he meets.

Because it was his birthday, I tried all week to take some pictures of him.  Taking him outside for true portraits was impossible with the Bug.  A sixteen month old can get into a lot of trouble quickly when I'm behind the camera.  I did manage to get some inside, even if I bribed with a milkshake :).

Now, get ready for picture over-share...


A funny thing happens.  When I want to specifically take a picture of one kid, the kid other kid all of a sudden begs to have his picture taken.  I really need to use this in some reverse psychology in the future.




This next set includes the aforementioned milkshake.  I almost asked him to put it down for a cleaner shot, but honestly, it's more real life with it included.  I think he would do anything for a milkshake.



We've been writing thank you notes to his friends for birthday gifts.  It is like pulling teeth, but good writing practice and an exercise in being thankful.




Checking out his cake and blowing out candles...







This is Tiny the monkey.  He belongs to the Kindergarten class, and the Biscuit got to bring him home for the weekend.  He wanted Tiny to help him blow out the candles, but I didn't want to be responsible for catching Tiny on fire.  So we compromised on a picture before the candles were lit.

I finally got in one!

And some other random shots from the week...



No comments:

Post a Comment