Sunday, May 18, 2014

2014 ~ Week 20 ~ Part 2

We just returned from a long weekend at the beach with my parents, and my sister's family.  It had been a year since the boys were last on the beach, and they had a blast.

This particular beach is very special to me.  It is the beach we almost always visited growing up.  My  grandparents were always there with us.  Whenever I am there now, I feel very connected to them, especially my grandmother.

My nephew is almost two, and is now old enough to play with my boys at times.  It's so fun to watch them play together.



Our first day there was a rainy one, so we spent it playing games and coloring.  The game Sorry is another link to my grandmother.  It's a game we would play over and over again.  It was fun introducing it to the boys, even if weren't quite old enough to grasp the strategy involved.






The rest of the weekend was beautiful, and spent entirely on the beach.  We even ate supper on the beach one night just to soak up as much of it as possible.











No comments:

Post a Comment