Monday, March 17, 2014

2014 ~ Week 11

One of my goals this year was to work on improving my photography skills.  Now that I am not working full time, that theoretically should be easy to do with all my extra time, right?  Yeah, I'm laughing too.  This weekly photo project was, in part, a way to hold myself accountable to that goal.

Another reason for this project, which is much more important in the long run, is to capture everyday moments.  It's not always feasible to grab my big camera when I see something I want to photograph.  Even if the camera is in reach, most times the moment is gone by the time I get the camera settings changed.

And so I'm thankful for our phone cameras.  Our phones are usually close by, and I can just click away.  I don't have an iPhone, but for those of you that do, it has a fantastic camera on it.  This week was a very busy one and I rarely picked up my big camera.  Thank goodness for John's iPhone!


When the games end, the parents form a tunnel for the players to run through.  The players LOVE it, and all have gigantic smiles as they run through. You would never know that we've lost every game from the smiles on those faces!!


John took the big boys to a St. Patty's day parade while the Bug napped.


 The iPad makes flashcards fun!


I did get a few pics with the big camera this week...

The Bug started solid foods this week.  He likes playing with the spoon much more than eating with it.

The fuzziness of his hair has reached epic proportions.  Random people come up and want to rub his head.  I can't blame them.


Three soccer games makes for a busy week, but being outside and hearing the giggles of all these little boys and girls warms the heart!!


The Bean thinks he is on the team.  He sits with the team on the sidelines.  I can't wait until he can play too.

While I love it when the photos are good, I love the bad ones just as much when they are helping to make special moments unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment