Sunday, November 17, 2013

Two months in

When we first found out we were expecting a third baby, we knew the first few months would be extremely hard.  We kept saying, if we can make it to the end of the year, things should start getting easier.

We are two months in, and PLEASE let that hold true.  On top of the normal difficulties that come with a newborn, a two year-old, and a four year-old, we've had the following to deal with...

In no order whatsover:

  • My grandfather passed away when the Bug was just two weeks old.  Funerals and post partem harmones don't mix.
  • The Biscuit had an ear infection and the Bean had a cold.  Totally no big deal - except when you have a newborn.  Ear infection = another child not sleeping through the night.  Cold = extremely contagious virus & possible RSV for newborns.
  • We discovered our dishwasher had a pin-sized hole in it, which had slowly caused some major water damage over the past two years.
  • I had a totally freak allergic reaction after eating a muffin that caused my lips and tongue to swell significantly.  The Bug, who was 6 weeks old at the time, and very much unvaccinated, accompanied me to the ER.
  • The Biscuit developed a fever on Halloween, throwing a wrench in our Halloween  plans.  Two days later, he had a nasty, nasty case of croup.
  • One of my husband's mentors very unexpectedly passed away.
  • In a very minor accident, a tractor-trailer hit our minvan while we were on our way to visit my in-laws.  Very thankfully, no one was hurt.  However, the hassle of dealing with a rental car and getting our van fixed is not to be underestimated when said van is the only vehicle that we can all ride in simultaneously.
  • The Bug came down with a cold.  Luckily, it has remained just a cold.
  • The Biscuit's ear infection reared its ugly head again.  Stronger antibiotics employed.
  • I had a horrible upper respitory infection.
  • I had 6 or 7 more allergic reactions, causing me to get some testing done.  Good news is there is no real cause.  So I don't have to make any changes to my diet or environment.  My body is just reacting to anything & everything.  Bad news is there is no real cause.  So I am the proud new owner of an epi pen.
  • The Bean got hand-foot-mouth disease.   He currently has this, and is so pitiful.  He is in a lot of pain from the sores in his mouth, and I feel so bad for him.
We are very, very tired.

I'm really hoping the next two months have a lot fewer funerals, no car accidents, no trips to the ER, and fewer visits to the pediatrician.  On top of that, I'm going to aim high and hope that between now and the end of the year the Biscuit and Bean both start sleeping through the night again.  Dare I aim high and pray that the baby also sleep through the night?

Feeling poorly on Halloween.

We made in trick-or-treating after Tylenol worked its magic. 

Lest you think everyone was cooperating in the pic above.  The Bug wasn't feeling it.

Sleeping peacefully, totally unaware of the germs that are swimming all around him.

We managed to have some fun over the past two months depite our run of bad luck!









No comments:

Post a Comment