Monday, November 17, 2014

2014 ~ Week 45

I had a moment this week where the baby and I were alone in the car.  We had just taken our recycling to our local recycling center where there are some open fields.  We had 30 minutes to kill before we had to pick up the big boys, and I happened to have my camera in the car with me.  The day was really dreary, but I decided to take advantage of the time and different location despite the bleak skies.

Because the skies were so gray, I thought it would be a good chance to edit the pictures with very muted, soft tones.  Annie Morris is a photographer I've grown to love, and thought I might try to imitate her tones, simplicity and softness.

The Bug had other plans though.  I would place him down on the ground, and back up so I could shoot.  By the time I could get in place, he was up and running to me.  It quickly became a game, and he would just laugh and laugh and laugh, all while running at his top speed toward me.

I immediately abandoned my plans (because you just can't deny a laughing baby), and just enjoyed playing his game.  Besides, I couldn't really edit the pictures in a somber, serious way when he was filled with such happiness and joy.  So, instead I just tried my best to get my moving subject in focus.

If only we all could get such pure joy from simply running to those we love!  Enjoy...














A little tip for the few of you that follow this blog...  I added something that will let you subscribe to this blog by email.  That way, you will get an email when a new post is up instead of having to check it over & over.  At the top left, there is a place to enter your email address.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE these photos... especially NEXT-TO-LAST one... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uncle Dave!! I really like that one too!

      Delete